Monday 4 April 2016

HRs are selfishers or givers?

Hello All,

Greetings!

HR is the most crucial department I have ever seen in any organization because human being as an asset has full control getting extended from HR where it gives real strength to the people to work more efficiently because the emotional intelligence gets depicted by HR people first due to which they get tremendous courage.

There are different streams of degrees available in HR stream where MBA with HR, PGDBM with HR, MPM, Management degree from foreign etc... are available where even people from IIM can be seen working on a higher post in HR.

HR by the terminology & concept is very effective but how far HR by the concept of humanly element is getting implemented??? The question seems to be arrogant but it makes sense because nurturing of HRs may not be getting done with a point of view where humanly aspect gets developed while someone is getting educated in that stream! With due respect to all HRs, my observation has a different kind of expression and i.e. HRs are selfishers rather than givers! I have a great respect for this department and if I would not have been in finance department when I was working in service sector, I would have gone for HR. I used to see that many colleagues of mine used to say that trainings on soft skills do not suffice and it is a wastage of time....and then I used to question myself that if such a scenario is there...how long the compassionate attitude will remain alive among people if they do not want soft skill enhancement in their personality as a predominant factor of every place wherever they will work???

When I started working as a Life Balance Coach, I found that I am happened meet many HR people who just want to gather information from me but they were least interested in giving something....and giver's gain policy works excellently in business which is being said by the popular author and inventor of networking, Dr. Ivan Misner...! Then giver's gain can not be existing in organizations where somebody works as an employee??? We encourage all employees to work like entrepreneurs and then HRs as an employees are at times behave like rulers where giving attitude in the form of motivation is also lost at their end!

We can admit that HR people have targets and so is the case with every human being on this earth but then why that selfish approach is being seen in them at times....! Everybody is working to earn but then people being  in HR have some x factor to utilize for the benefit of the employees??? OR it is the responsibility of every being...because then why HR department should exist; will be a concern on the platter!

When I was working as an employee...one reputed company's HR department had mis-leaded me in terms of working zone and initially because they assured me to allocate comfortable time zone,,,I said yes but then after joining scenario came as a shocking surprise where I was transferred to adverse time zone where I was not keen! This is one example I am giving but then we are able to observe lot of hue and cry in many organizations with respect to HR department as a whole. I see that when recruitment process is being delegated to some different referencing companies, people do a referencing call quite casually and the information which is expected to be extracted can not get fetched in the right manner and then....we know how chaotic the recruitment process becomes!!!!

Every human is selfish in the first place but then in the corporate world while defining multitasking processes for various departments, can we have more dynamic policies for HR where balancing selfishness and giving approach will be maintained?

Till now in my journey as a  life coach or even as a finance manager, I have rarely seen HR people showing appropriate concerns for the people because for them target driven strategy is inevitable but humanly aspect with a giving attitude can not be forgotten by these people; should be imbibed in their minds! Theory of relativity will be surely extended by opinionating here but will that remove the dust which is there over the eyes of HRs???? HRs are not objects but an objective to glorify humanly aspect because without human nothing can happen and in the first place they are humans irrespective of HR degrees!!!!
These are my experiences in real time...rest is a respectful journey! Opinions are welcome!


Blessed Self!

Mull over! Regards,

Amit Deokule
Life Balance Coach
Master Spirit Life Coach
Member Of CCA, Canada
Professional Musician 

No comments:

Post a Comment